- Information Session*: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:30 – 4:30pm in UCC 147A
- Fall Application Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018
- Information Session*: Monday, September 17, 2018 12:30 – 1:30pm in UCC 147B
- Information Session*: Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:30 – 1:30pm in UCC 147A
- Information Session*: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 12:30 – 1:30 pm in UCC 147A
- Reading week experience: Tuesday, October 9 – Sunday, October 14, 2018
- Information Session*: Friday, October 19, 2018 2:30 – 3:30pm in UCC 147A
- ASB Award Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Spring and Summer Application Deadline: Friday, October 26, 2018
- Rank Experiences: Monday, October 29 – Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Offers Sent: Friday, November 9, 2018
- Notification of ASB Award: Friday, November 9, 2018
- Full ASB Payments and Offer Acceptance Due: Friday, November 16, 2018
- Groundwork Meeting: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 4:30 - 6 pm (AHB 1R40)
- Round 2 Applications: OPEN on WesternCareerCentral November 12th, 2018
- Pre-Departure Orientation Training in effect**: Registration open in September at WesternCareerCentral
- ASB Re-entry Workshop: Sunday, March 3, 2019 1 - 4pm (location TBD)
- ASB Showcase: (Date and location TBD)
- Summer Experiences: Wednesday, May 1 – Wednesday, May 18, 2019 (note: all trips have different dates please confirm by visiting your specific location.
*Please note: Information Sessions are an opportunity to learn more about ASB, its locations, cost, and financial support available and to have your questions answered. These are not mandatory sessions.
**Pre-departure orientation Training
Pre-Departure orientation is designed to prepare participants for their ASB experience. Participants will enjoy various presentations, strengthen facilitation skills, learn about critical thinking and intercultural competence, and dialogue with their peers about their hopes and fears regarding their experience. These workshops are a great way to get to know your teammates, ask questions about your experience, and begin to learn about the culture and community in which you are about to be immersed.
This year you will get to “choose your own adventure” through the Pre-departure workshops, with some mandatory workshops mixed with a choice of workshops. You will be able to sign up for most workshops through WesternCareerCentral.